Please disable your adblocker on this website!
The website costs are covered by using ads that are non-intrusive. Please whitelist this domain in your adblocker software or plugin. Thank you.

Schakel alstublieft de adblocker uit!
De kosten van het hosten van de website worden betaald met advertentie-inkomsten. Voeg alstublieft een uitzondering toe voor dit domein in de software of plugin.

Camino was drowned

Talk in english about Honda Camino PA50 Hobbit mopeds

Moderator: -Camino Crew-

rebelmob
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Camino was drowned

Post by rebelmob »

We bought a 1977 Camino from someone who said it did not run and discovered the engine was stuck because it was filled with water. The whole Camino was underwater in a flood and this was a while ago so a lot of parts were stuck. SInce last October we have been taking the Camino apart and cleaning the pieces and reassembling the bike. The fuel valve is still very bad and there is not much compression so the rings should be replaced and hopefully it will at least start and run we will find out tomorrow when we try to start the Camino.
I read there are differences for top speeds of the Caminos and I am wondering how I can find out which version of the Camino we have - it came from Belgium originally and was imported by the family we purchased the bike from, a lot of the documentation - manuals and such I have are from North America so there are a lot of differences between what the manuals tell me and what is reality for the example we have.
Sander
-= Ex moderator =-
-= Ex moderator =-

Re: Camino was drowned

Post by Sander »

Have you got pictures of your camino? So we can see wich version it is.
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

If you look at frame number (if the plate is still attached at the front side of the frame, you can see it there. If not, the frame number is hardwritten at the back of the frame, under the bagage cover, at the right side of the moped. If it says PA50M - etc, it was meant to ride 25km/h, if it says PA50 - ... etc.. , it was meant to go 45km/h. A fuel valve is easy to replace, if you have troubles with it, its better to replace it before you put more effort in it. The rings are also very easy to replace, so that won't bring allot of troubles. I don't know if you can find those parts easely in Canada though, but they are easy to find over here in Belguim
Trasforma il meglio in 'massimo'
rebelmob
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by rebelmob »

Thanks for the answers. I do not know how to post a picture here yet. I will look at the data plate or under the bagage cover. thanks. Parts here are impossible to find so I will need seek some there in Belgium I think. I just want to try to run the machine so I can have a better idea of what parts I will need because shipping might be expensive perhaps.
Santa Cruz
-= Moderator =-
-= Moderator =-

Post by Santa Cruz »

Upload the picture at this site (www.imageshack.us) and post here the link, we're all curious which model you have :)
rebelmob
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by rebelmob »

I need to get some parts to get the Camino running but the problem is finding parts in Canada. Are there people or dealers in Belgium or Netherlands who will sell and ship to Canada.
This is the data plate on the steering post.
http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dataplate.jpg
This is the Camino last year just before I put her away for the winter.
http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... stfall.jpg
clio-tuning
-= Ex moderator =-
-= Ex moderator =-

Post by clio-tuning »

Which parts do you need?
I can ship to Canada. :wink:
Santa Cruz
-= Moderator =-
-= Moderator =-

Post by Santa Cruz »

That's one of the oldest series ever made, they also made them in blue
Drieze
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by Drieze »

Santa Cruz wrote:That's one of the oldest series ever made, they also made them in blue
And let's not forget the red one :wink:
Santa Cruz
-= Moderator =-
-= Moderator =-

Post by Santa Cruz »

Right Drieze, they're difficult to find in good condition
rebelmob
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by rebelmob »

REALLY? COOL!
I did not know it was rare or such a early production or something... ya that is cool.
The Camino originally came from Belgium, I know not just because of the dataplate but also on the frame is a sticker from Madoux-Sports. There is a Castrol logo on one end of the decal and a very 1970s styled Madoux-Sports logo on the other end with MADOUX-SPORTS HONDA-MOBYLETTE-PUCH Tel 7.62.09.01 I am wondering if anyone has a picture of one of these decals that I can copy on to vinyl. There is also a round decal on the front fender with the 1970s styled Madoux-Sports logo. I will try to post a picture of the sticker.

I need some parts for the Camino. Probably stock parts I do not really want to modify the Camino. Also I can fix things that can be fixed so it does not need to be perfect new parts or whatever. I have noticed there are a lot of people that have done performance modifications on their Caminos. I guess I might modify what I have to if the replacement stock parts are expensive.

This is a list so far in order of importance to me...
Air cleaner - housing and element
Fueltap
Piston with ring gudgeon pin bearing keepers rings
Reed assembly
Headlamp assembly rectangular - including the clip
Left and right floor cover (covers where you are not supposed to put your feet but everyone does or did)
Camino fuel tank decal
Tail lamp assembly - lense and base with holder
Fuel cap mine has 1:25 4% and volume marked on side
rebelmob
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by rebelmob »

Here is the picture of the decal on the frame of the Camino from Madoux Sports where the bike was originally purchased from in 1977.
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... sports.jpg
is this place still in existance?
Santa Cruz
-= Moderator =-
-= Moderator =-

Post by Santa Cruz »

You have a bigger photograph of the sticker ?
rebelmob
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by rebelmob »

I hope this is a bigger picture of the sticker I am not so good with this image shack thing.
rebelmob
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by rebelmob »

YAY - that worked.
Also I took a gas tank from a lawnmower and connected it to the Camino and put in 100ml only of 4% T2 premix and gave it a try. It ran a nice idle for about two minutes then ran out of fuel. :-D

This is the picture of the Camino when we got it last autumn