Please disable your adblocker on this website!
The website costs are covered by using ads that are non-intrusive. Please whitelist this domain in your adblocker software or plugin. Thank you.

Schakel alstublieft de adblocker uit!
De kosten van het hosten van de website worden betaald met advertentie-inkomsten. Voeg alstublieft een uitzondering toe voor dit domein in de software of plugin.

Add blinkers (turn indicators)

Talk in english about Honda Camino PA50 Hobbit mopeds

Moderator: -Camino Crew-

knutnukem
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Add blinkers (turn indicators)

Post by knutnukem »

Hi guys,
I would like to add blinkers (turn indicators) to my Camino and would be glad for inspiration because I ran into some troubles...
It already had the blinker switch on the handlebar and the cables, so I thought this would not be a great deal... but I was wrong.
I bought the blinkers themselves, managed to attach them to the Camino, connected them to the wires which should be right and, hey, when I press the switch the blinker goes on! But it did not blink.
So I figured out I need a blinker relay, got a matching one (6V 21W*2 max.) and finally found out where to add it in between. Result: when I press the switch the blinker goes bright, then it goes darker (but not completely off), then it goes on again. And when I brake the blinker goes off.
So I think I have two problems:
1. I think the blinker relay does not work properly on AC power (which comes from the generator), so I might need a rectifier. Right?
2. The generator does not have enough power to feed the brake light AND the blinker, so I need some extra power.
I had the idea to run the blinkers with 4x AA batteries = 6V. DC current, independent from the generator, problem solved. But then I started to calculate: 6V 21W*2 = 7 Amperes - this would discharge the batteries in something like 20 minutes, if the batteries can provide 7A at all before melting down or exploding ;-)
Probably the best solution would be to add a rectifier and a voltage stabilizer and use all this to charge a 6V rechargeable battery pack which can handle 7A current. But is this really necessary? I would be glad to hear of a simpler solution.
camino_expert
-= Moderator =-
-= Moderator =-

Re: Add blinkers (turn indicators)

Post by camino_expert »

hell
normally
your battery has to be perfect

for a 6 volt
you need 4 bulbs 6 v 10 watt no others and none as the one is 6 v 21 w and the other 6v 10 watt

all the same 6 v 10 watt

test this if you want and let us know

good luck

grtz marc ;)
honda camino forever
knutnukem
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by knutnukem »

Of course all the bulbs are the same, they are all 21W because the sockets I bought were already fitted with these bulbs. This matches the wattage I found in a wiring diagram in a workshop manual, so I thought 21W (for each of the 4 blinkers) would be right, it looks like the original Camino blinkers should have 21W...
6V 10W bulbs would of course save energy... battery lasts longer and less risk that something melts down due to the high current. But will 10W be bright enough?
Anybody out there who added blinkers to a Camino? If so, how did you do it?
camino_expert
-= Moderator =-
-= Moderator =-

Post by camino_expert »

hello
camino is a 6 volt moped

so here they al have 10 watt bulbs for the winkers

they are sokets with 21 w on it
but that is an ulo part ulo is the factury of the most of honda lights and other mopeds etcetera ....
not everything on the moped is org honda

and theoretic how less the watt of the bulbs on a moped with alternator
and ignition wit contactpoints how harder they give light

lights in a house is another way of electricity
than gives as example a 10 watt lamp on 240 volt much less than one of 100 watt

but at the moped is it wath the alternator can produce

test it

en let us know

good luck

grtz marc ;)
honda camino forever