Please disable your adblocker on this website!
The website costs are covered by using ads that are non-intrusive. Please whitelist this domain in your adblocker software or plugin. Thank you.

Schakel alstublieft de adblocker uit!
De kosten van het hosten van de website worden betaald met advertentie-inkomsten. Voeg alstublieft een uitzondering toe voor dit domein in de software of plugin.

50cc kits

Talk in english about Honda Camino PA50 Hobbit mopeds

Moderator: -Camino Crew-

Bobby Dids
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

50cc kits

Post by Bobby Dids »

Hi all,

I'm delighted to say that I have recently acquired an '81 Camino that I plan to get back on the road in the next few months.
I'll be working on getting a little more power out of the engine but will be sticking to 50cc.

Does anyone have any experience with the 50cc kits that seem to be available? The two that seem easiest to get hold of are Italkit and possibly Bobotech (not as easy). I have read on this site that they are both P3 equivalents and elsewhere (MA)that the Bobotech is P4 spec.

If anyone runs one of these can they let me know how they find them? Also, if someone knows the exhaust port timings of either of these kits that would be great as I am having a custom exhaust made up. I can always work it out myself once I get a kit!

Many thanks,

Bob.
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Re: 50cc kits

Post by killingsnake »

Hi there Bob,

first of all, welcome to our forum. Normally, any 50cc kit will do, they are all pretty much the same, quality and perfomance-wise.

We have a topic here (in dutch) with a lot of port mappings of all kinds of cylinders:
http://www.camino-tuning.be/handleiding ... ilit=poort
I only have actual experience with a k-star kit, and i was pretty happy with it, ran for many kilometers before I traded it with my brother for a 65cc kit.
Trasforma il meglio in 'massimo'
Bobby Dids
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by Bobby Dids »

Thanks for the welcome KS!

That link is perfect, as you say there seems to be very little between the Italkit and Bobotech kit so I'll go with what's easier to get. It would be nice to see a P4 map on there at some point in the future, perhaps if I have any work done to mine I can offer something up.

Thanks again,

Bob.
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

Search the different pages, I'm quite sure there should be a mapping of a P4 cylinder one of them?
Bobby Dids
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by Bobby Dids »

I'll be sure to take a closer look, thankyou.

I'm getting ahead of myself anyway. I need to get it on the road, run it for a bit and then worry about building a 'ripper'!
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

I'm afraid that you will get a true 'ripper' as you call it from a P3 cylinder. But then again, I don't know your technical level, but without some serious adjustments a P3 hasn't much potency..