Please disable your adblocker on this website!
The website costs are covered by using ads that are non-intrusive. Please whitelist this domain in your adblocker software or plugin. Thank you.

Schakel alstublieft de adblocker uit!
De kosten van het hosten van de website worden betaald met advertentie-inkomsten. Voeg alstublieft een uitzondering toe voor dit domein in de software of plugin.

Hobbit - Final Drive Disassembly

Talk in english about Honda Camino PA50 Hobbit mopeds

Moderator: -Camino Crew-

kozanatos
-= Member =-
-= Member =-

Hobbit - Final Drive Disassembly

Post by kozanatos »

Hobbit Final Drive Disassembly
Im proud of the tutorial I made today, Use it steal it, maybe throw my name in there, but if you don't I will Not hunt you down, who cares dudez, ride on!

I finally did it, Who knows If I can put it back together ;) ;)
Remove your hobbit final drive / trans / rear wheel.
Its 4 bolts, remove the tensioner for the chain, remove the belt --- it should be simple!

Now you have a big wheel with the final drive. Hammer on that 7/8 12pt socket, impact it off with hand on the wheel / rim. slide the break hub off, now your at this step

Unscrew the 5 screws, I used my craftsman screwdriver, with basically a JIS plus head on it. Not really a Phillips. I had to use the blk wrench to get torque on it!

Scribed a line for that, and removed that. arm, I guess you want it in 'Neutral' , flipped downward. Who knows?

To crack it apart, you gotta hit it. Maybe rubber mallet. I only got some wood material, worked for me. Clamped it in a vice on one of the bolt tabs.

Then you end up with this...

not sure why I took a picture of that gear, oah well.

at this point you may as well remove the bearings and replace them. Its cool with me brozan Heat up the inside, or outside of the case, smack out, boom done.

Put washers here and get these bearings

6203 - large
6201 - small

and these weird seals
SD 24 34 5 . 5 - 2 - large
SD 12 22 5 -small

This is where Im at now, thanks!

Are the seals readily available? I probably shouldn't have taken them out, should I have ?
Can somebody confirm the seal part #'s also I have no idea what they mean

el toro
-= Camino Freak =-
-= Camino Freak =-

Re: Hobbit - Final Drive Disassembly

Post by el toro »

damm that transmision is in desperate need of a lot of TLC! :-D the oil looks like glue :wink:!good thing that you opened that transmision!

a lot of people forget to change the oil in the transmision of an hobbit! every year i replace the oil. keep up the good work!!keep the spirit of the camino(hobbit)alive!!!! :!: :love: