Please disable your adblocker on this website!
The website costs are covered by using ads that are non-intrusive. Please whitelist this domain in your adblocker software or plugin. Thank you.

Schakel alstublieft de adblocker uit!
De kosten van het hosten van de website worden betaald met advertentie-inkomsten. Voeg alstublieft een uitzondering toe voor dit domein in de software of plugin.

Welding the exhaust to the frame?

Talk in english about Honda Camino PA50 Hobbit mopeds

Moderator: -Camino Crew-

danmyhr
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Welding the exhaust to the frame?

Post by danmyhr »

Hi!
I'm new in this forum. It's great to see that there is an international forum as well. The google translater does a crappy job :)

And now to the question:

Do you think it is possible to weld the exhaust to te moped frame? I'm thinking to mabe do this. It would be sweet to get the exhaust out where the tool box normaly are placed. And mabe add a crome end to the back (a exhaust crome add-on).

What do you think? Possible or not? I'm thinking it may be difficult because of the heat that travels through the pipe through the gas tank...?
DionV
-= Member =-
-= Member =-

Re: Welding the exhaust to the frame?

Post by DionV »

Good morning, and welcome to camino-tuning! :-D
about your question, I think it would be possible, but you have to get a very good look at the way the exhaust pipe is going to run besides the frame. You are right about the heat, it is very difficult because of the heat, but you can always weld something between the piece of the frame where your exhaust pipe enters the frame, and the piece that leads to the gas tank. For all the rest, I think it's possible, and I even think it would look very nice, so keep us up to date if you're working on it ;)

Greets!
DionV
Het blijft een mooi dingske eh!!
publie
-= Member =-
-= Member =-

Post by publie »

it's inpossible :) beacouse you're exhaust moves like wize with you're motor
and when the fram moves down the exhaust wil break
danmyhr
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by danmyhr »

Hi again and thank you for the nice welcome! :)

I think maby "publie" is right about the engine and the frame moving in different directions. But i found a flexible exhaust hose that may be suited for that problem. I found the hose on Biltema, which is a car equipment store. Here is a link: http://www.biltema.no/products/producti ... emId=88169 It's a heat proof hose for car exhaust systems.

Maby it's possible to weld a tube on to the original manifoil and a tube on the frame, and than fix the hose with this: http://www.biltema.no/products/producti ... emId=82265

I've thought about the heat problem, but i don't think that is an issue. The diameter in the frame-tube is much larger than the exhaust manifoil, and therefore i think the exhaust will be cooled down in the much larger volume?

It's very sad that there's almost no parts for Honda Camino in motorcycle stores here in Norway. I've tried the aftermarket, but in many cases my parts are better than what they are selling. :)
DionV
-= Member =-
-= Member =-

Post by DionV »

If you need any parts, you can always ask me, I work at a company which sells parts for mopeds, and so also camino, and shipping to Norway is no problemo :wink:
Het blijft een mooi dingske eh!!
publie
-= Member =-
-= Member =-

Post by publie »

danmyhr wrote:Hi again and thank you for the nice welcome! :)

I think maby "publie" is right about the engine and the frame moving in different directions. But i found a flexible exhaust hose that may be suited for that problem. I found the hose on Biltema, which is a car equipment store. Here is a link: http://www.biltema.no/products/producti ... emId=88169 It's a heat proof hose for car exhaust systems.

Maby it's possible to weld a tube on to the original manifoil and a tube on the frame, and than fix the hose with this: http://www.biltema.no/products/producti ... emId=82265

I've thought about the heat problem, but i don't think that is an issue. The diameter in the frame-tube is much larger than the exhaust manifoil, and therefore i think the exhaust will be cooled down in the much larger volume?

It's very sad that there's almost no parts for Honda Camino in motorcycle stores here in Norway. I've tried the aftermarket, but in many cases my parts are better than what they are selling. :)
you can use this , but i think the power wil be gone because you d'ont have an "expantion" :wink: