Please disable your adblocker on this website!
The website costs are covered by using ads that are non-intrusive. Please whitelist this domain in your adblocker software or plugin. Thank you.

Schakel alstublieft de adblocker uit!
De kosten van het hosten van de website worden betaald met advertentie-inkomsten. Voeg alstublieft een uitzondering toe voor dit domein in de software of plugin.

size/weight of 6-roller camino variator weights

Talk in english about Honda Camino PA50 Hobbit mopeds

Moderator: -Camino Crew-

alexonfire
-= Member =-
-= Member =-

size/weight of 6-roller camino variator weights

Post by alexonfire »

hello everyone,

this is probably a pretty easy question to answer, but i can seem to find it. i have a 6-roller variator for a camino i purchased from the U.K. the weights inside were in very bad shape. what are the stock rollers size and weight? what weights do you guys run in your kitted caminos? i was able to find a set of malossi 15x12 weights. 5.4 grams. will these be ok? they seem to work pretty good so far. i'm planning on buying a fast arrow ramp plate/weight set. what is the weight of the rollers in this set?

thanks in advance for your help!

alex
Twister
-= Camino Freak =-
-= Camino Freak =-

Re: size/weight of 6-roller camino variator weights

Post by Twister »

The weights for Camino (Hobbit) are hard to find. The size is 14x14mm which is not very common. I thought that originally there are two types of weights. The heaviest are 9 grams and there is an other which I thought was around 5 grams. You can try to contact Quartszp on this forum, I think he can sell you these original ones (at least the 9 grams) in case you can't find them in the US.

There's also a webshop in the Netherlands where you can find weights from the brand "Metrakit". Here are two links:
3,5 grams
and
5,0 grams.

Good luck!
Projecten tot heden:
Retro-Camino;
Zwart-witte (Fantasy) Funny (elektrische starter);
Samengesteld project;
PA50 Custom(chopper);
Custom Crosser;
Custom Racer;
en de Remake van Crosser, maar dan wat beter 8)
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

The fa ramp plate uses the same weights as the standard variator, as it is only the ramp plate you change, and not the variator itselfs wich houses the weights.

Standard weights are hare to find, as twister already mentioned. If you have the materials and machines, you can put different materials on a lathe, and make your own weights. You can vary the weights by making them out of copper, steel, iron, aluminum etc, and by drilling precise holes in the middle of them. Each time you make the hole bigger you lighten the weights..
Trasforma il meglio in 'massimo'
alexonfire
-= Member =-
-= Member =-

Post by alexonfire »

thank you very much for the info. i've been in contact with quartszp for a while...bout a seat, rack, and some sport fenders from him. i've email him a couple times in the last few days, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet, so im assuming he out of town or busy. he is holding a fast arrow ramp plate for me. maybe he could also provide some 5 gram 14x14 weights, since i unfortunately can't read the website provided.

thank you for the info

alex
Sander
-= Ex moderator =-
-= Ex moderator =-

Post by Sander »

Quartszp don't check every day camino-tuning, sow you most wait for a while...
alexonfire
-= Member =-
-= Member =-

Post by alexonfire »

do most people run their variators without the metal cover over it? it seams like it could open more without it on. once i get my fast arrow ramp plate, should i not put the metal cover on? i greased up the weights, and ran it without the dust cover on, and a lot of the grease sprayed out, so i put it back on, but i've seen a lot of pictures on here of varios without the metal dust cover. what do the majority of you guys do?

is it possible to drill out the fast arrow weights without a drill press? i thought i'd try a vise and a hand drill. anyone done this with good results?

thanks
alex
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

Most people indeed run their variators without the metal cover.. the grease will spray out when you just greased the weights, thats normal. Make sure none of it gets on the belt and the surfaces of the variator, otherwise your belt will slip.
Trasforma il meglio in 'massimo'
Twister
-= Camino Freak =-
-= Camino Freak =-

Post by Twister »

alexonfire wrote: is it possible to drill out the fast arrow weights without a drill press? i thought i'd try a vise and a hand drill. anyone done this with good results?

thanks
alex
I thought that fastarrow weight are made of aluminium. I used a handdrill to drill out the metal (original) weights, which was a succes, so drilling out aluminium shouldn't be a problem at all! (Only thing is, these Fast Arrow weight are really light already, so drilling out wouldn't make a big difference. I don't think you have to drill out these FA-weights, and if you really want that, better try to use 3 weights for instance, instead of 6.)
Projecten tot heden:
Retro-Camino;
Zwart-witte (Fantasy) Funny (elektrische starter);
Samengesteld project;
PA50 Custom(chopper);
Custom Crosser;
Custom Racer;
en de Remake van Crosser, maar dan wat beter 8)
alexonfire
-= Member =-
-= Member =-

Post by alexonfire »

Twister wrote:Fast Arrow weight are really light already,
that's good to know. it will save me some work then, i thought they were the same weight as the stock rollers.

thanks killingsnake and twister for the help. can't wait to get that fast arrow plate installed!