Please disable your adblocker on this website!
The website costs are covered by using ads that are non-intrusive. Please whitelist this domain in your adblocker software or plugin. Thank you.

Schakel alstublieft de adblocker uit!
De kosten van het hosten van de website worden betaald met advertentie-inkomsten. Voeg alstublieft een uitzondering toe voor dit domein in de software of plugin.

Mer Eur kit and water cooling

Talk in english about Honda Camino PA50 Hobbit mopeds

Moderator: -Camino Crew-

FertBert
-= Member =-
-= Member =-

Mer Eur kit and water cooling

Post by FertBert »

Hi there guys, two things.

First: I got this kit in the mail today and was wondering if you guys knew anything more about it since I have never see it here in the US. https://www.1977mopeds.com/product/1523 ... inder-Kit/

I also have some photos of it...

Most people here are running either: DR, Polini, Malossi, Athena or Metra kits on their Hobbits. I recently started running an Athena and I think it is by far the best one so far. The exhaust port on this kit I just got however, it unlike any of the other kits I have seen. All the other ones are round and this one appears to be semi-bridged. Who made this kit, is it still in production? And if any of you have run it, what kind of results have you gotten.

And secondly: I recently found out that there is a very inexpensive scooter kit that fits right up to the Hobbit case. I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this but I think you might want to know since the water cooled Polini kits seem to go for a lot of money in your Te Koop section. I have yet to run it but it indeed fits right up, same stroke and everything. I made a post about it on my blog, here's a link...

http://knarpsworth.blogspot.com/2009/03 ... rived.html

Thanks!
Twister
-= Camino Freak =-
-= Camino Freak =-

Re: Mer Eur kit and water cooling

Post by Twister »

Thanks a lot for this information about that LC cylinder

I guess this will be my next project :lol:

The only thing is I have to find a aluminium-welder...

Do you know whether there is a video available of this cylinder running on a Hobbit?

About that semi-bridged exhaustport you mentioned (I suppose you mean the shape of the port on the inside of the cylinder, not th outside), the DR cylinder, as far as I know has the same semi-bridged port, check drawing below:
DR65cc Camino.JPG
You could measure all the inside dimensions, and compare it with this drawing. When it matches, I suppose it will have the same specs as the DR 65cc...
Projecten tot heden:
Retro-Camino;
Zwart-witte (Fantasy) Funny (elektrische starter);
Samengesteld project;
PA50 Custom(chopper);
Custom Crosser;
Custom Racer;
en de Remake van Crosser, maar dan wat beter 8)
klainstain
-= Camino Freak =-
-= Camino Freak =-

Post by klainstain »

Damn !
If this lc cilinder really fits, that's my next cilinder too ;)
Daily http://www.camino-tuning.be/projecten-f ... 24434.html

→ Athena 70cc
→ Dell'orto 21mm
→ Ninja/Sito uitlaat
Twister
-= Camino Freak =-
-= Camino Freak =-

Post by Twister »

klainstain wrote:Damn !
If this lc cilinder really fits, that's my next cilinder too ;)
Fits, but with some alu-welding modifications on engine :wink:
Projecten tot heden:
Retro-Camino;
Samengesteld project;
PA50 Custom(chopper);
Custom Crosser;
Custom Racer;
klainstain
-= Camino Freak =-
-= Camino Freak =-

Post by klainstain »

In het nederlands mss efkes ? :p

And what exhaust does fit on that ?

→ Athena 70cc
→ Dell'orto 21mm
→ Ninja/Sito uitlaat
FertBert
-= Member =-
-= Member =-

Post by FertBert »

Hey, Twister: thanks for that Port map. Is there a section on this site that has more port maps like that? The Google translator doesn't work too well here.

And I don't think that liquid cooled kit will need much work. I don't have any videos of it going since I don't think anyone had actually gotten it going yet. The exhaust will be the one tricky thing to make work though. You would probably be better trying to get a Puch moped exhaust pipe to fit since the mount is flat.
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

It isn't a 70cc cilinder actually. Bore diameter is 46mm, good for about 65cc..
Trasforma il meglio in 'massimo'
Twister
-= Camino Freak =-
-= Camino Freak =-

Post by Twister »

FertBert wrote:Hey, Twister: thanks for that Port map. Is there a section on this site that has more port maps like that? The Google translator doesn't work too well here.
No problem :wink:. I started a topic a little while ago, but there were not many people interested (or not many people shared there thoughts about it in the topic...) :(

I used my own 'poortmappen' as we call them in dutch. I suppose it's called something like portmaps or transfermaps in English , but I'm not sure. :?: (I can't find the right word, even in the book I used: "Two-stroke Performance tuning" of A. Graham Bell). Clio-Tuning from this forum sent me some portmaps, but I hoped at the time I started that topic, that I could learn from other portmaps, and use it to copmplete my calculation tool for calcultaing exhausts for Camino (based on that book I mentioned).
FertBert wrote:And I don't think that liquid cooled kit will need much work. I don't have any videos of it going since I don't think anyone had actually gotten it going yet. The exhaust will be the one tricky thing to make work though. You would probably be better trying to get a Puch moped exhaust pipe to fit since the mount is flat.
Well, I don't know anyone in my neighbourhood who can weld aluminium. You have to widen the opening on the carters (I hope it's the right word in English) on which the cylinder is placed. And therefore it needs some extra 'body', some extra material (aluminium) to ensure it seales up (written here

The exhaust however, I don't think it will be really a problem to find one, I think it will probably be easier to find than an exhaust for Camino... You use different type of exhausts for Yamaha Jog. Perhaps you should weld something to attach it to the rear-bridge.

But there will be a lot of expenses to make, such as the radiator, pump and tubes. Together with the LC kit and the exhaust, it will cost you €400,- (about $550,-)... And that is still a lot of money :shock:
Projecten tot heden:
Retro-Camino;
Samengesteld project;
PA50 Custom(chopper);
Custom Crosser;
Custom Racer;
Twister
-= Camino Freak =-
-= Camino Freak =-

Post by Twister »

klainstain wrote:In het nederlands mss efkes ? :p
Je zult moeten lassen (kijk maar in deze link. Er staat daar een foto van een voetpakking gemonteerd op het mino blok. De schroefgaten komen overeen. de boven en onderzijde lijkt redelijk overeen te komen, maar aan de zijkanten zul je flink wat weg moeten halen van je carter (bij de transferpoorten) zoveel zelfs, dat ik denk dat je wat extra materiaal erop moet lassen om geen gat in je carter te hebben.
klainstain wrote:And what exhaust does fit on that ?
Ik denk gewoon uitlaatjes voor de Yamaha Jog, alleen de ophanging aan je brug zul je moeten aanpassen.
Projecten tot heden:
Retro-Camino;
Samengesteld project;
PA50 Custom(chopper);
Custom Crosser;
Custom Racer;
Twister
-= Camino Freak =-
-= Camino Freak =-

Post by Twister »

killingsnake wrote:It isn't a 70cc cilinder actually. Bore diameter is 46mm, good for about 65cc..
The LC kit mentioned in de link is around 69 cc (bore = 47 mm, check this link). The AC cylinder is 65cc(bore = 46 mm, check this link).
Projecten tot heden:
Retro-Camino;
Samengesteld project;
PA50 Custom(chopper);
Custom Crosser;
Custom Racer;
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

I was talking about the AC cylinder :). Looks to me that's 'just' a DR cylinder. No worries about the durability, but is isn't one of the top performers out there. The site selling them overrates them quite a bit if you ask me...
klainstain
-= Camino Freak =-
-= Camino Freak =-

Post by klainstain »

Twister wrote:
klainstain wrote:In het nederlands mss efkes ? :p
Je zult moeten lassen (kijk maar in deze link. Er staat daar een foto van een voetpakking gemonteerd op het mino blok. De schroefgaten komen overeen. de boven en onderzijde lijkt redelijk overeen te komen, maar aan de zijkanten zul je flink wat weg moeten halen van je carter (bij de transferpoorten) zoveel zelfs, dat ik denk dat je wat extra materiaal erop moet lassen om geen gat in je carter te hebben.
klainstain wrote:And what exhaust does fit on that ?
Ik denk gewoon uitlaatjes voor de Yamaha Jog, alleen de ophanging aan je brug zul je moeten aanpassen.

En dat is uit aluminium gemaakt?
Ik denk niet dat dat een probleem mag zijn, want mn overbuur is professioneel lasser.
Als ik wat geld gespaard heb, zal ik het zeker eens wagen ;)
Merci é Twister !

→ Athena 70cc
→ Dell'orto 21mm
→ Ninja/Sito uitlaat
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

Alu lassen en staal lassen zijn vrijwel héél verschillende dingen! Niet iedereen kan dat... En je hebt er speciaal materiaal voor nodig: Aluelectrodes, alu toevoegmateriaal (bobijn kost heel wat, dus niet iedereen heeft dat).. En het liefste las je zoiets delicaat als een carter met een TIG laspost, wat vrijwel niemand heeft thuis.. Argon kost een fortuin..

+ daarbij dat de carters uit gietaluminium bestaat.. Daarop lassen is heel lastig, buiten beschouwing gelaten dat lassen op 'gewoon' alu al helemaal niet makkelijk is...
klainstain
-= Camino Freak =-
-= Camino Freak =-

Post by klainstain »

ik denk wel dat hij dit alles heeft ;)

Tis nog een groot bedrijf
Vragen kost niets ..

→ Athena 70cc
→ Dell'orto 21mm
→ Ninja/Sito uitlaat
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

Klopt.. Als ie het in zijn bedrijf zelf kan doen dikke kans van wel.. Maar bij een prive persoon thuis? Héél dikke kans van niet... Argon is quasi niet te betalen en als je het koopt moet je bvb ineens een contract voor 2 jaar ofzo tekenen...