Please disable your adblocker on this website!
The website costs are covered by using ads that are non-intrusive. Please whitelist this domain in your adblocker software or plugin. Thank you.

Schakel alstublieft de adblocker uit!
De kosten van het hosten van de website worden betaald met advertentie-inkomsten. Voeg alstublieft een uitzondering toe voor dit domein in de software of plugin.

Camino jet size and clutch

Talk in english about Honda Camino PA50 Hobbit mopeds

Moderator: -Camino Crew-

Caminonorway
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Camino jet size and clutch

Post by Caminonorway »

Hello ther!

I drive a camino whit a 21 carb, Athena 70cc cylinder, Proma exhost, and i was just wondering what jet size ( i think its called jet) you guys uses on this, i got a 85 now and i have to build up the gass verry slowly or it just dies! But if the back wheel is free, like abov the air so its no weight on it i can give full gass and no problems :)

And i was wondering where i could buy a new start clutch and normal clutch for it :)

Thanks from norway
kozanatos
-= Member =-
-= Member =-

Re: Camino jet size and clutch

Post by kozanatos »

With a kitted honda I have heard a jet range in the 90's would be sufficient.

What head are you running with that Athena kit?

as for the lack of power - Im actually having that problem too, I think its either a leak or too small of a jet.
My plug chops are coming out too clean, Im running lean and I don't think it is an air leak.

You want your spark-plugs to come out looking chocolate color on a WOT run. But just check it first in general to see if it is clean or oily

I bet you can't get it to idle too can you? I'm not sure if you need a different idle jet on a phbg /del carb
You meet the nicest people on a Honda
'78 Hobbit PA50I
standreww
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by standreww »

Caminonorway wrote:...and i have to build up the gass verry slowly or it just dies! But if the back wheel is free, like abov the air so its no weight on it i can give full gass and no problems :)
I've had a simillar problem. My camino drived very poorly. (about 10m/h to slow // (15km/h to slow)
When he was on his stand, I could gas it and there where no problems. As soon as I sat on it and drived, the same problem.

The reason was that there was an airleak between the aircompartment and the rubber air-inlet.
It should be glued with silicone.
kozanatos
-= Member =-
-= Member =-

Post by kozanatos »

Wow really? Thats sad. I never did check that spot.

I never spray in between that spot, I thought it didn't matter if it leaked there, but obviously it does.
My air filter is spotless and clean

Thanks St.Andrew, I'll check there!
You meet the nicest people on a Honda
'78 Hobbit PA50I
standreww
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by standreww »

I've learned a trick to check it from someone here on camino tuning.
You have to close one hole of the rubber with a tissue or something. (the rubber with 3 holes)
(just to test if the problem is there, you must remove the tissue later!)

Than drive a little and see if the problem remains or not. If it remains, don't do anything with the inlet.
If it helps, than there is an airleak between the rubber and the aircompartment.
Thhomas
-= Advanced Member =-
-= Advanced Member =-

Post by Thhomas »

Malossi Dellorto 21mm = jet 100 , that's ideal with Malossi H2O 47mm.