Please disable your adblocker on this website!
The website costs are covered by using ads that are non-intrusive. Please whitelist this domain in your adblocker software or plugin. Thank you.

Schakel alstublieft de adblocker uit!
De kosten van het hosten van de website worden betaald met advertentie-inkomsten. Voeg alstublieft een uitzondering toe voor dit domein in de software of plugin.

Problems with installing the crankshaft

Talk in english about Honda Camino PA50 Hobbit mopeds

Moderator: -Camino Crew-

Waldi1
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Problems with installing the crankshaft

Post by Waldi1 »

Hello,
I have problems with installing my new crankshaft.
My bearings are in the engine-parts like "pic nr.1"

But now I want installing the crankshaft. if i give the crankshaft in the fridge the it also goes very hard to install on the bearing. I am worry about that the crankshaft will get damaged if I will press the two end together. "Pic 2"

Is it better to install the bearing on the crankshaft or in the engine part?
Do you install first one engine part and then the other or both together?

I am also worry about that the bearing will get damaged if i will press to hard.

Please help me with some tricks!
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
giovanni007
-= Camino Freak =-
-= Camino Freak =-

Re: Problems with installing the crankshaft

Post by giovanni007 »

hello

is you got the right bearings it schould be no problem, you need numer 6004 or C3 for you crankshaft.
normally you should heat up your motorparts en your crankshaft should be in the frigirator
than you put the crankshaft little bit by little bit together, sometimes you have to sam it kindly to put it together, use an hamer with rubber around, that should do the job.

grtz
Waldi1
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by Waldi1 »

Thx,
yes I have the 6004-C3!

Whats temperature do you heat the Enginepart with the bearing? 100°C, 150°C or 200°C?
The problem is with the Radial-seal.
Or can I give the seal on the crankshaft-Enginepart when the crankshaft is already installed?
giovanni007
-= Camino Freak =-
-= Camino Freak =-

Post by giovanni007 »

you have take out the bearing sealings, and than you heat up the engineparts until they're very very hot, don't know the exact temperature.
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

If you're talking about the oil seals, you have to remove them, they have to be installed after assembling the crankcase. If you are talking about seals inside the bearing, they to have to be removed, but telling from your picture they don't have any kind of sealing (which is good, otherwise the oil mixed with the fuel cannot get inside of the bearing!).

Tips for engine assembly:

-Cool the crank and bearings by placing them in the freezer/fridge
-Heat up the bore for the bearing inside the crankcase
-Install the bearing, and with some luck, only a gentle pressure is needed. If not, be sure to have something (a piece of pipe can be used) to place against the outer ring of the bearing and tap with a hammer.
-Do this for both crankcase pieces.
-Normally the bearings have heated up by now, now you can mount both crankcase pieces together, making sure the crank is mounted correctly, the seal between two halves is installed and the driving rod sticking out of the correct end (not the inlet like i did someday :) ).

Don't worry, if you do everything correctly and if you don't use excessive force, you won't damage the crank ;)
Trasforma il meglio in 'massimo'
Waldi1
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by Waldi1 »

thanks for the great description!
Just once more for a better understanding.
I have the bearings installed in the two Enginehalves.

Now I have to heat up the enginehalves with the bearings and cooling the crankshaft. then they should be easy to assemble. if not, how do I press the halves together? I can take a long screw and press the halves together?

when I made it to the crankshaft mounted.

finally, I can push the oil seal on the crankshaft and into the housing. is that correct?
killingsnake
-= Camino Addict =-
-= Camino Addict =-

Post by killingsnake »

Normally I would, as described, install the bearings by heating the engine halves. The bearings will heat up quickly, and with that heat and with a cooled crankcase, further assembly is easy. But if I understand correctly, the bearings are already installed. Now, you can heat up the crankcase halves to about 110°C, about the right temperature bearings may be heated.
You can also use some grease on the inner ring of the bearing and/or the fittings where they will sit when the crank is installed when installing.

If you have troubles, normally a special tool is used to press the case together. You can also, as you propose, use some longer bolts and screw the 2 casehalves together, making sure the force the screws will apply is evenly spread
So, turn the bolt half a turn, then the bolt at the opposite end of the crankcase half a turn etc.

After that, you may install the oil seal, making sure the oil seals are placed at the correct depth as descriped in the manuals.
Trasforma il meglio in 'massimo'
Waldi1
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by Waldi1 »

Perfect!!!
I will try it! Thank you!
kozanatos
-= Member =-
-= Member =-

Post by kozanatos »

http://www.cornpedxxx.com/2011/09/hobbit-time.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

exactly what you need to know.

Just dont go browsing his main blog. He has pr0n posted up, idiot.
You meet the nicest people on a Honda
'78 Hobbit PA50I