Please disable your adblocker on this website!
The website costs are covered by using ads that are non-intrusive. Please whitelist this domain in your adblocker software or plugin. Thank you.

Schakel alstublieft de adblocker uit!
De kosten van het hosten van de website worden betaald met advertentie-inkomsten. Voeg alstublieft een uitzondering toe voor dit domein in de software of plugin.

hello from Portugal

Talk in english about Honda Camino PA50 Hobbit mopeds

Moderator: -Camino Crew-

alfro04
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Re: hello from Portugal

Post by alfro04 »

GoBieN wrote:So it stalls if you release the gas. Is the idle screw turned in all the way?
thanks for your help, yes it stalls, i got the idle screw half way to keep it running, but as soon i unscrew back a bit then it stalls, i stripped the carb completly clean all the small bits, the main needle is working fine, the butterfly has no play and its free.
Fit a new float and new spark plug.
i suppose we need to work with both screws idle and air at same time, right?
The air screw i bring it back 1 1/2 turn to start off..
regs
GoBieN
-= Beheerder =-
-= Beheerder =-

Post by GoBieN »

You need to adjust the air screw until you get the perfect mixture and your spark plug has a nice brownish color. Perhaps you can find more detailed information on how to do this. I think i remember it usually being around 1,5 or 2 full (360°) turns screwed out, but could be wrong (long time).

If the mixture is perfect the camino should ride smoothly.

The idle screw has nothing to do with the air mixture and should only be used to allow the camino to keep running and not stall when no gas is given. The only thing the idle screw does is prevent the rotating throttle on the carburator from going all the way back. You just need to screw it in as far as you need to prevent the camino from stalling but not to far so it doesn't start to run away ;)
alfro04
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by alfro04 »

Good news, i got it idling, it was a very small hole about 0,3mm from the idling plug to emulsed tube holder bloked, neede a thin stranded wire to clean, then align the emulsed tube top hole to this one, replace everything...and its ok now...i battle ma @ss for a month thank you guys for persistance...now i need to tune it nicely...regs :-D :-D