Please disable your adblocker on this website!
The website costs are covered by using ads that are non-intrusive. Please whitelist this domain in your adblocker software or plugin. Thank you.

Schakel alstublieft de adblocker uit!
De kosten van het hosten van de website worden betaald met advertentie-inkomsten. Voeg alstublieft een uitzondering toe voor dit domein in de software of plugin.

New PA50 Camino

Talk in english about Honda Camino PA50 Hobbit mopeds

Moderator: -Camino Crew-

lennspang
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

New PA50 Camino

Post by lennspang »

Hi,
I al sure you experts can help me out 🙂
I am about to buy a pretty good looking PA50. I am in doubt about the build year. On the plate it says; "Baujahr: 198" what year is that? VIN: "PA50M-Z116xxxx"

IT is very descent condition, almost like new and never restored or repainted. It has been stored for years in a dry basement, - only 1300 km in the road since new.

Bestil regards

Lenn
lennspang
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

New PA50 Camino

Post by lennspang »

Hi,
I am Lenn from Denmark. I am a big fan of old retro Honda mopeds. At the moment I own a 1975 Honda Amigo-R and a 1976 Amigo hardtail.
I have been offered an old but extremely good looking Honda PA50 Camino, at a resonable price. It has been stored in a dry basement for years, and has only been on the road for 1300 km since new!

Can anyone tell med how old it is(production year) based and the plate info?

It says:
Baujahr: 198
VIN: PA50M-Z116xx...

Best regards

Lenn
GoBieN
-= Beheerder =-
-= Beheerder =-

Re: New PA50 Camino

Post by GoBieN »

Hello Lenn,
Welcome to the forums.
I think @camino_expert might be able to tell you how old it is.
lennspang
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by lennspang »

Thanks, - looking forward getting some more info :-)

/lenn
knutnukem
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by knutnukem »

Hi Lenn!
"Baujahr" means (as you may have guessed) "Manufacturing year". It seems rather common for the Camino that the last digit of the year was not properly printed to the plate, so from this information you can only tell it was built in the 1980s (smile). I have found a table on this web page, maybe it helps you identify the year it was built by considering colors and things like whether your model has a battery or not (note you need to scroll horizontally in that table, it is not displayed completely even if your monitor is wide enough):

https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Honda_PA ... bit_Models

Cheers
knutnukem
lennspang
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by lennspang »

Thanks alot. The one I am looking at is actually not in the list. It has red frames, red fuel tank, white shockers, White covers and is for sure a 20 mph model as IT had been sold in Denmark. It looks like this one: https://www.dba.dk/honda-honda-camino-1 ... illeder/1/
lennspang
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by lennspang »

...but the list indicates that the VIN is 1978 as it starts with 11xxx...?
knutnukem
-= Newbie =-
-= Newbie =-

Post by knutnukem »

The list is probably not complete, that's true. It was the only one I could find so far however.
If your Camino looks much like on above pictures then I guess it's one of the older models (I believe the older ones had this form of headlight with integrated speedometer and this type of baggage clamp), but to be honest, I'm not as much an expert as some other forum members.
Anybody here who can provide more details?
BTW: this is mine (note the different headlight; one image shows it with turn indicators which I attached McGyver style - no original part):
https://neuberger.ddns.net:8001/d/48758f5cf51a463ea017/
camino_expert
-= Moderator =-
-= Moderator =-

Post by camino_expert »

i think its a 1980 camino 1981 begins with the 12.....
have you the first engine nr's

and the trick you wanna know the production year?
as it has its original ignitioncoil tec
with hitachi cable look o the cable between hitachi stays the production year of the ignition coil
as it is his original !
you never know that it is all ready changed
good luck
questions
just ask
regards marc ;)
honda camino forever